• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DIY Warbird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose

Greetings,

Well I would just like to say hello to every one on this forum and any one that reads this message and would just like to introduce myself before I get down to the real business ļ

My name is Philip, and I am currently living in Northern Ireland, 20 years old and a love for aircraft, I have been either in Military Helos (Puma¡¦s, Lynx¡¦s, Gazelles¡K you gotta love the wild life over here ƒº lol), and I have even had a forced landing in a friends micro light after ::cough:: recreating the Dam buster raid on a friends house, the flour bombs hit the house, I pulled up too late, stalled and landed in their backyard ƒº

But I have came to the time when I want to work on my ¡§project¡¨ I have been researching aircraft for about 10 years now, from WW2 aircraft to the present, and now down to the business, I have been looking at a number of plans and well nothing really catches my eye, so I have chosen the path of working on one of my own, based loosely on the:

Junkers EF 128
He 162
Me 329
Su 27 Flanker

It will be a pusher, I have a basic layout here but I am still working on the design of it, I will build 2 designs and then test them using a 3d program and then pick the one that works best, this will be comparable to the mini kit built aircraft that I have seen on the forum, erm I think it is called humble bee or some thing, the aircraft will be composite build. This will be a war bird in all shape and design and even a few other systems that I have been working on my own over the last few years

I have been working on a few other things for it too, I am a ICT student and well I have designed and started building a computer system for the aircraft, with a 40gd hard drive and 1 ghz processor and I have been designing a program to fit in with the aircraft and I have made a nice ¡§Bitchin Betty¡¨ system and if I can work out a bug with connecting my GPS unit to the system I will have a moving map display. I may have to create my own propeller, some thing similar to the Paddle ones used on some variants of the C130s

So here is the question, has any one ever tried to create a HUD or radar system? Because I would like to fit some thing along those lines if I could get my hands on some basic plans, and another thing, my skills are based on computer systems but I have spent some time at Bombardier Aerospace, and know the basics of wing construction etc, the one thing that I would require help with is designing the Landing gear system, and then the Control system, if and one of you would know any thing on the net on how to create a cable control system and a retractable landing gear system I would be grateful.

Yours faithfully
Philip
- goose

Back