• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Help with choice of plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnMedic

I'm looking for what my first project will be. I started flying ultralights at 14 but the low and slow just isn't for me.
What I want:
Sporty, low wing
A decent cruise speed, something over 130mph as it will be used frequently for a trip of 450km from base to home on weekends.
Aerobatic for some fun
Capable of grass runway use.

Secondary, I would like to be able to take a passenger

I really wanted an RV-4 but I just can't cover the cost.
I've looked at the Sonex but some experienced friends seem to think it's not a great idea (but they love the 601s...)
Midget mustang would be amazing, but it's only a one seater
And the Sonerai, I'm not sure how they handle grass runways and the take off roll is a little bit long.

Suggestions? Price is a bit of a factor, but I expect between 10 and 20 grand.

Back