+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open ez templates

Open ez templates

Since Cannardzone.com is down and the only download link for the templates is with it, could anyone upload a copy of them to here for me and other people to use this. Also, is it theoretically possible to build one from just the templates, I understand that without the original plans it would be hard, but could using online build logs be an alternative to the build plans? Thanks, Andrew A

Re: Open ez templates

I bought plans from that guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rutan...item35a790a1b0 for 190$, but you can get them now for 150$.
    Templates were available at opencanard.com, but don't go there site is infected with kind of Trojan horse, I have those templates, if you won't find them till Tuesday let me know, I'll send them to you. Like I said in Tuesday, I'll be very busy tomorrow.

Try also this thread
    http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...te-design.html

Seb
    Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

"Time, training, training, training and more training is the key to any success."
    Francis "Gabby" Gabreski

Thanks Mac790, the help is appreciated, is there anyone else who has the files on hand and can email me them at 22andrew22@gmail.com
    Thanks, Andrew A

EDIT: I found a website that hosts this file. It is the only one i found! opencanard
    Last edited by 22andrew22; March 7th, 2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: found answer

I found the same site. It appears to be hosting a wealth more than just the templates from Canardzone. It seems like they are completely bringing the builders guide up to 21'st century standards, and apparently all for free. I wish them luck and will be following the site closely, it's a massive undertaking.

A direct link to the plans download page: File:Open-EZDrawingsRev5.zip - OpenCanard - OpenEZ Project

Also, I hope Jon brings canardzone back online in the near future, many of the folks that I have met along the way speak highly of it. It seems like the other two canard forums used to be one, but then split due to some petty issues between moderators (based on the reading I did, I could be WAY off base). I tend to avoid feuding forums like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac790 View Post
    Templates were available at opencanard.com, but don't go there site is infected with kind of Trojan horse
    What makes you say that? I'm a computer security & hosting professional, and I was unable to find anything on that site that indicates any issues:

--------- LINK SCAN SUMMARY --------- URL scanned: http://www.opencanard.comPhisTank say's: Service not available. AVG say's: Service not available. SiteTruth say's: This site is safe. Google Safe Browsing say's: This site is safe. Threat Name: No Threat FOUNDThreat Definitions: 726063Engine Version: 0.95.3Host IP:*edited*Link Status: CleanFile Size: 3.83 KBTime Finished: 2 secsOverall result: This site is secure.

I know that on the download page there is an ominous warning generated by the CMS system that they use (WikiMedia, which is remarkably secure) about zip files may contain viruses, but I downloaded the file again today and scanned it. Nothing found.

I would contact the admin of the site and warn them if you have evidence to the contrary, however. Their email address is clearly at the top of the main landing page.

Quote Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post
    What makes you say that? I'm a computer security & hosting professional, and I was unable to find anything on that site that indicates any issues:
    Dr,

Sorry for delay but my notebook power adapter died on Monday.

Now everything is fine, but something was wrong in Sunday I tried two different computers with two different antyvirus software (Kaspersky and Avast), and I had same warning messages.

Quote Originally Posted by 22andrew22
    EDIT: I found a website that hosts this file. It is the only one i found! opencanard
    Andrew I have same versions of those templates. They are "latest" edition.

Seb
    Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

"Time, training, training, training and more training is the key to any success."
    Francis "Gabby" Gabreski

AVI

They're all here:

Downloadable Long-EZ Plans - Canard Aviation Forum

has links to Zshare.

+ Reply to Thread