• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Choosing a bush plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windancer

I'm new to this site and am hoping to get some advice on choosing the right plane to build. I'm looking for a bush plane that will carry 2 adults and a fair amount of cargo for camping and cross country trips. Also one that will cruise around 120mph and get decent fuel economy. So far I've come up with - the Murphy rebel, the Bushcaddy R-120, the Pagaair from Tapanee Aviation, the Bearhawk Patrol, the WagAero Spotsman2+2, the Kitfox, and a wood constructed plane called the AMF S14 Maranda by Falconar.
I like the idea of building with wood, since that is what I'm familiar with, but some fellow pilots tell me not to. The Kitfox has some impressive performance numbers, but are they true and would the plane be too light?
Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Back