• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

KR-1 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firstscout

Hey there long time viewer,

I just inherited my grandfathers KR-1 project that has been sitting in his shop for the past 15 years, It's in the "Boat" phase. Fuselage wood work is complete and gear installed. I have to do some repair work on the vertical and horizontal stabilizer mounts that were damaged in the move. During the move the fuselage also received a 2"x2" puncture hole in between two of the uprights :dis:.
Question: Which is the best, "patch" that area or take it out and replace the panel.. What I was thinking of doing is gluing in a 1x1 horizontal piece of spruce an inch or so above the hole that would connect the two vertical uprights and then cut that section out and scarf in a new piece of 3/32 plywood in.. Or since the fuselage will be glassed over eventually should I not even worry about it. :ermm:

What would you guys do?

Any input would be useful.

Thanks in advance
Tony

Attachments

• hole.GIF
    hole.GIF
    5.1 KB · Views: 353
Back