• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Questions for school project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetallfoo

Hi, I'm a senior in high school and must do a senior project to graduate. So I've chosen to learn about airplanes, and hopefully help restore one or something of the likes.

For this project, I must write multiple research papers, take interviews, and obviously, work on a physical project. So I was hoping I could get a few questions answered for my first research paper. Their very basic questions, just to get things rolling.

1. About how many hours are spent to build an experimental aircraft?
2. If one buys a kit, what work needs to be done to finish a plane?
3. How much does it cost to build a experimental aircraft, probably a lower end one, without extras.
4. If any, what special skills are required to build an aircraft.
5. Is it better to buy a kit, or just plans?
6. Why is it better to get an experimental aircraft, rather than manufactured?
7. How to experiment aircrafts compare to manufactured aircrafts?
8. If one buys just the plans, what work has to be done to build the plane?
9. What needs to be done to license the plane, and pilot?
10. If there is any, what is the difference between these licenses to other pilot and plane licenses?

This are my questions for now, I have more but I'll wait.
The more detailed the answers, the better, even if its common sense.

Thank you for your time and help.

Back