• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CH 701/Challenger II/ Excalibur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmccune

I'm looking into these 3 aircraft and can't find any straight up comparisons. The Excalibur info especially is non exsistant. Does anyone have first hand info or links? I NEED a short take off. Cruise is a little bit of a bargaining chip, as I'm not going coast to coast just around and back. But I would like to go 300- 500 mile trips now and again. The metal CH 701 is attractive for temporary out side storage and semi normal airplane looks( to get the wife to ride along with me;). Then there is the upside down VS right side up Challenger/ Excalibur engine issue? Performance of the Challenger/Excalibuer with the 582 is not stated. The take off rolls on all 3 are varied depending on the webpage/document you read. landing ? Also flaperons vs smaller ailerons and flaps for short take offs?

Thanks guys, the dream is getting closer:ban:

Kevin

Back