• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Kitfox type aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgschultz13

Hey folks! I find my self interested in the Kitfox type of aircraft because it seems to be quite versatile. I like that it can be converted between tri-gear and taildragger in a short period of time. I need a side-by-side that will operate off of short and rough fields and it needs to have decent cargo, not necessarily an extremely high payload, but enough room to carry bulky stuff. We will be taking some cross country trips in the 1000 nm range, is this ignorant in a kitfox type. I have also seen a company called "Justaircraft", I think is what they call themselves, that has a very similar design.
The problem is that you have to put down this big deposit, wait six months for delivery, then pay the rest. If the company goes broke then too bad for me.
I would not mind building form scratch, but I can't find what I am looking for.
The murphy rebel is probably more what I need but I can't find out what they cost to build? Any ideas about $$? I am looking forward to hearing what ya'll have for me to think about.

Back