• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Any amphibian kit for sea conditions recommended?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddi

I am interested in flying to my favourite fishing, surfing and diving spots (all within 100 km range) and now looking for a kit plane that brings me there and brings me home.

I would prefer UL or LSA but right now I just want to know if there is anything available that can get me back safely as soon as the sea breeze kicks in.

The situation is as follows. In the morning it is windstill. Around 1 pm a wind kicks in that gets to 15-25 knots. It is a constant wind but it generats quite some chop on the water.

Flying back home the airstrip is protected from this winds so landing back home on this grass strip is no issue. The plane just has to handle the late afternoon conditions on the water.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Edward

Back