• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

VERY newbie questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revlis240

hey guys,
ive been lurking on here for a few months, and today i read so much that my brain hurts. im gonna be starting my project sometime in the next 12 months, and i wanna realize my lifelong dream of having my own plane before a wife is introduced in the picture. im leaning towards a Vans rv6a or something similar for now, heard good things about the kits.

i have just a few basic questions, and would appreciate some help...

dont laugh but
1) are you guys building these things in your garages? does it even fit?

2) when the airplane is done, what do u do with it? store it at the airport? does that get expensive? i dont want to be shelling out hundreds of $ per month for storage, but am curious as to what you guys do

3) im VERY technical and mechanically inclined. ive put together many many engines in my life, and have worked on cars for years...but i dont know a THING about machining and custom metal work. does this mean that i have to order the quickbuild?

4) how do you guys get the thing from your house to the airport? i cant imagine it fits in the back of the truck =)

sorry for the REAL beginner questions..

thanks for the help gents..

-Abe

Back