• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Composite Amphibian Plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaposte

I live in the Philippines and the idea of building a plane from a kit is just not workable for me as the folks at the Customs Dept. would immediately see an opportunity to enrich themselves. The environment here is very suited for having an amphibian and once I retire in Thailand (about 5 years from now) It will be much the same with hundreds of protected bays to explore. I have spent many hours on the internet and still can't seem to find exactly what I want so hopefully someone in this forum can help. The Glass Goose is interesting but only available as a kit. The Vision construction approach (composite) is perfect in that I am comfortable and experienced in composite fabrication including carbon fiber but the Vision is not an amphibian!
Basically I am looking for a plan built plane that would comfortably accomodate 2 (4?) with a relatively short take off run. Top speed is not a high priority as the distances we would fly are not like in the US however short grass fields are a certainty. I am 6' 4" at 210 so cabin dimensions need to accomodate my height. If only the Vision folks had an amphibian!
Any leads greatly appreciated especially from someone actually building a composite amphibian .

Back