• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy folks, since I was a little boy I have always dreamed of flying and a couple days ago I was watching an episode of a show called Flitetest or guess I should say rewatching as it was a rather a old episode and I ran across an episode were they made a cinder block "fly" here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bns5x4pvl5Y and it got me thinking if they made a 45 pound cinder block fly would it be possible to make something larger and heavier fly to with a human passenger? Well given of course larger everything I did a little research and found larger more proper engines here is the link
NTM Prop Drive 50-60 Series 380KV / 2665W
I plan on using two of those engines matched with a 6s battery and 2 20x8 props. For wing I want to use the same type of foam except instead of 3/4 two 1/2 inch peices of foam sandwich a piece of very thin plywood in the middle for strength and fidgety. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and hopefully not thinking that I am completely insane.
sincerly
Will Jones
P.S. if I did not make it clear up there I want to use two peices of 4x8 foam and plywood

Last edited by a moderator:
Back