• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft rigging anyone ever fly a Flaglor scooter out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzypeterson

Hey guys, I have 2 flights in in the flaglor scooter. She needs some tweeking but i'm not sure what to tweek. the first flight the prop had to much pitch and RPM's were low so I thought maybe just changing the prop would fix all our woes. The second flight with a flater prop the takeoff roll was better but when I pull power the nose drops fast... a glide is more of a dive but when I add power she will flatten out.

We are within CG but certainly toward the forward of the limit. She did get a little heavier when we rebuilt her, we are weighing in at 495 if my memory serves me right. The weight mainly came from beefed up landing gear and cub wheels and brakes. I know our wheels are quite a bit larger than the original so maybe drag is an issue? We are using a 1600 VW versus the 1200 that was originally on her. around 10 more pounds put quite a bit more snot.

In flight she climbs slower but is acceptable and probably as advertised at 450 fpm maybe a little better. Once I level off at full throttle she will fly fine but anything less than full and she seems to loose altitude in a level attitude, and even if I pitch up she just comes down unless I add power. Any ideas? or is this maybe just how a flaglor flies?

Back