• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What's a good 3-4 year, plans built project?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDave

I would probably be able to put in 10 hours a week, maybe more on weekends (occasionally).

I have pretty good craftsmanship experience with wood, composites and sheet metal (A&P).

I'd like to pay as I go, so plans seems like the best option.

Please share with me your build time stories and experiences.

Two place, 120mph+, at least Utility Class rated (4.4g).

End price isnt as much a concern as time. I dont want to unknowingly start at 10 year project!:ponder: 3-4 years seems reasonable to me.

Thanks!

Back