• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

model proto-type

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelican

I am building a model proto-type of my ultralight design. Is this a good way to see if my design is flyable or not. Or, is there to big of a diference between a full scale and model proto-type? I am using Autocad to design it then I will start to build the model by next month. It is a real simple design with exposed frame, single seat mono plane. Based on a design of early 20th century pilot/designer Alberto Santos Dumont. I hope to design it so I can get speeds close to 100mph. The original design flew less than 50mph but they were working with poor wing design and poor engine performance. This is my hope but if I can just get to fly 85mph or above that will be great. I will be able to start posting pictures after I start the model phase.

Last edited:
Back