• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Look What I Found! M462RF Radial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
Look what I found and SAVED from the scrap heap here in Baghdad! Pretty cool eh? It's data plate labels it a Letechy Motors M462RF Serial Number 84346. I'm not having much luck finding info on Letecky Motors but it looks like Avia aircraft made a M462RF and LOM engines bought them out.

It looks like the engine has been sitting out for some time but it is caked in dust and oil so maybe, with the dry climate, it's still in good shape on the inside. I doubt it but what the heck.

The only reference so far to what type of aircraft they have flown in is a Czech crop duster depicted here: http://www.bredow-web.de/diverse_Flugtage/Zlin_Z_37-2/zlin_z_37-2.html . I found only a few references to some European museums that display them. Must not have been a very popular engine or historically significant.

Most of the websites that reference it are not in English so if anyone has any more info on this engine I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Jake

Attachments

• DSC00516.JPG
    DSC00516.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,859
  • DSC00515.JPG
    DSC00515.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,597
Back