• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

200hp Turboprop for RV's & others

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_John

Ok, everyone has read the latest issue of Sport Aviation (April issue) by now and has seen the Turbo RV-4 on the cover. I hit the ATP Website and am... well, quite intrigued to say the least.

Could someone please nutshell for me how a turboprop works. Then, after the nutshell overview go into some detail?

I understand it is an oil burner like the one in the basement, but that is about it.

In the article it says the exhaust stack is too short and causes aerodynamic back pressure limiting it's performance and raising EGT readings. Why can't they leave the short stack and use a venturi tube to aid in gas extraction from the stack at higher speeds? I am just an idiot with probably an overly simplistic idea, but I am interested in the concept to say the least.

Anyone?

:confused: CJ

Back