• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

D-Motor LF26 gains ASTM certification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcj

Supporting Member
Well, I posted this in an older D-Motor thread, but since it involves ASTM certification, I thought I should give it its own thread...

D-Motor just announced ASTM certification for the LF26:

D-Motor USA is proud to announce on November 23, 2014, the successful completion of the D-Motor LF-26 ASTM Engine Certification process. The LF-26 is a four cylinder, horizontal apposed, four stroke engine that has met or exceeded the ASTM International Consensus Standard requirements for engine certification.

The D-Motor USA LF-26 has met or exceeded all the ASTM requirements for full SLSA, ELSA, or Experimental Certification as per FAA approved Consensus Standard F-37 F-2538-70a Design and Manufacture of Reciprocating Compression Ignition Engines. D-Motor USA announces 100% compliance according to the current standard. The latest FAA approved Consensus Standards were published on August 27, 2014.

The engine will be equipped, as tested, with dual ECU Electronic Ignition Systems, direct port fuel injection, direct drive, water-cooled cylinders and heads. It is certified with a 3000 Rpm red line limitation and has a manufacture recommendation of a 2000 operating hour TBO (to be overhauled

LF26 Delivery Checklist_Page_1.jpg LF26 Delivery Checklist_Page_2.jpg LF26 Delivery Checklist_Page_3.jpg

Back