+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SwissMotorEnginnering

SwissMotorEnginnering

Re: SwissMotorEnginnering

Thanks. Are there any dealers in the US, information on pricing, and any data on the number of installed units, etc? I don't know if I could afford a Swiss-made toothpick, but maybe the price on these powerplants will be a pleasant surprise.

The new 850 is out from weber. Has a couple of additional hp for the same weight.

SwissMotorEnginnering

Vigilant1, write them. I know they provide mechanical PRSU, ECU for aviation application, etc, etc, for these engines. See www.swissmotorengineering.net or www.aeroshop.it

Berridos, yes. But in any case it required an aviation conversion. PRSU, ECU and all accessories are the same. See and call www.swissmotorengineering.net or www.aeroshop.it . Engine dry weight: 52Kg for NA and 60Kg for TC, plus PRSU 6kg for C version and 9kg for S version. Then plus hoses, radiator, oil tank, water tank, exhaust, ECU. In any case excellent HP/weight ratio.

I telephoned them many months ago but the person who took my call did not speak very good english. He asked me to e-mail him with my enquiry which I promptly did but I did not get a reply. I followed it up with another e-mail but still no reply. This has been a little disappointing as the engine looks an interesting prospect for my Lightning Bug aircraft.

If anyone has any first hand experience with this engine (particularly the TC version), could they please share it with us?

SwissMotorEnginnering

Quote Originally Posted by flyvulcan View Post
    I telephoned them many months ago but the person who took my call did not speak very good english. He asked me to e-mail him with my enquiry which I promptly did but I did not get a reply. I followed it up with another e-mail but still no reply. This has been a little disappointing as the engine looks an interesting prospect for my Lightning Bug aircraft.

If anyone has any first hand experience with this engine (particularly the TC version), could they please share it with us?

flyvulcan,
    please use the e-mail Contact Form on www.aeroshop.it The 750 TC is not released yet. SwissMotorEngineering is performing tests on an Asso Jolly UL and on a Citius, after important improvements (new turbine, new exhaust, nex intake, new fuel rail and sevaral other items. On engine bench test, 138 HP (I saw them with my eyes) even after long run tests (24 hrs run test).
    I will keep You informed

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant1 View Post
    Thanks. Are there any dealers in the US, information on pricing, and any data on the number of installed units, etc? I don't know if I could afford a Swiss-made toothpick, but maybe the price on these powerplants will be a pleasant surprise.
    Okay, I heard back from Lucio Meli from Swiss Motor Engineering fairly quickly. For those interested in these powerplants:
    - Prices: (today's exchange rate: .77 euro = $1 US
    -- 750cc normally aspirated engine (52kg= 114 lbs dry, 77 HP) with generator, hoses, coils, sensors, injectors: 5,199 euro ($6752) (also needs PSRU and ECU, exhaust system. See below.)
    -- PSRU:
    --- ASE PRSU C (2 gears) Ratio: 1:3,06 / 1:3,47 / 1:4 Included flange adapter Price: 1150 euro ($1494) Damper: 99 euro ($129) Flywheel: 129 euro ($168)
    (for flange crankshaft only)
    --- ASE ASE PRSU S (3 gears) short Ratio: 1:2,90 / 1:3,66 Price: 1990 euro ($2584)
    --- ASE PRSU L (3 gears) long Ratio: 1:2,90 / 1:3,66 Price: 2,390 euro ($3104)
    -- ECU: ECU: 799 euro ($1038) .Lambda controller and lambda sensor: 199 Euro. Wiring: 650 Euro. CANN Data Recorder (optional): 599 Euro

Accessories: oil tank plastic: 69 Euro – Oil tank 314 steel: 390 Euro
    water tank: 39 Euro
    -- Airbox: 59 Euro
    -- Exhaust 2 in 1 (required) with joint: 100 Euro
    -- Exhaust Joint (1 male, 1 female and 3 springs): 69 Euro
    -- Muffler: 499 Euro

- The price for the 750CC turbocharged engine (60 KG = 132 lbs, 138 HP at 7500 RPM for 5 minutes, 120 HP at 6600 RPM) has not been released yet.

- An 850 cc engine coming? They have not yet fielded a powerplant based on the 850cc Weber engine, but they intend to do so in the future. Lucio believes their present hardware will likely be relatively easy to adapt because the 850CC engine has the same dimensions as Weber's 750CC engine that they are currently using.

- No US dealers yet.

Contact info:
    Lucio MELI - R&D
    tel ++39.3485160177
    fax ++39.040421901
    e-mail:
    lucio.meli@aeroshop.it

Swissmotorengineering powered by Helipromotion Swiss
    Ambrì Aerodrome
    CP. 23
    6775 Ambrì
    Switzerland

... 750cc normally aspirated engine with generator, hoses, coils, sensors, injectors: 5,199 euro

... ASE PRSU L (3 gears) long Ratio: 1:2,90 / 1:3,66: 2,390 euro

... ECU: ECU: 799 euro
    ... Lambda controller and lambda sensor: 199 Euro.
    ... Wiring: 650 Euro.
    ... CANN Data Recorder (optional): 599 Euro

... Oil tank 314 steel: 390 Euro
    ... water tank: 39 Euro
    ... Airbox: 59 Euro
    ... Exhaust 2 in 1 (required) with joint: 100 Euro
    ... Exhaust Joint (1 male, 1 female and 3 springs): 69 Euro
    ... Muffler: 499 Euro

The firewall forward package for this 750cc Motor (not including motor mount) will be 10,992 euro or $14,270 usd.

"Swiss Motor Engineering is a distributor of the German Weber automotive components."
    This engine is found in Polaris Snowmobiles in the States.

SwissMotorEnginnering-20748d1353000575-swissmotorenginnering-immagine-014.jpg
    Last edited by Detego; November 30th, 2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Swiss Motor Engineering is a distributor of the German Weber automotive (Polaris)

Quote Originally Posted by Detego View Post
    The firewall forward package for this 750cc Motor (not including motor mount) will be 10,992 euro or $14,270 usd.
    Yes. Heck it probably sounds pretty reasonable compared to a Rotax (though the Rotax can be certified). But with just 72 HP, no dealers or support in the US, similar weight and about double the price of a direct drive VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Aerovee, Cassler, etc) with about the same power output and a longer track record, I think Swiss Motor Engineering might have an uphill battle in establishing themselves in the US with this particular engine. Maybe the turbo will be a popular offering.

Yes. Heck it probably sounds pretty reasonable compared to a Rotax (though the Rotax can be certified). But with just 72 HP, no dealers or support in the US, and a higher weight and about double the price of a direct drive VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Aerovee, Cassler, etc) with about the same power output and a longer track record, I think Swiss Motor Engineering might have an uphill battle in establishing themselves in the US with this particular engine. Maybe the turbo will be a popular offering.

The motor is made by Weber automotive components, for Polaris snowmobile, in the States. Swiss Motor Engineering marked the Engine price up by 300%.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SwissMotorEnginnering-polaris-snowmobile.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Detego View Post
    The motor is made by Weber automotive components, for Polaris snowmobile, in the States. Swiss Motor Engineering marked the Engine price up by 300%.
    The folks at Swiss Motor Engineering were very open about the origin of the powerplant. I think the PSRUs are Rotax, right? Anyway, about the markup: hey, it was a frumpy snowmobile engine when they got it, and when they were done it was an airplane engine. That's worth somethin!

The folks at Swiss Motor Engineering were very open about the origin of the powerplant. I think the PSRUs are Rotax, right? Anyway, about the markup: hey, it was a frumpy snowmobile engine when they got it, and when they were done it was an airplane engine. That's worth somethin!
    Vigilant, this is a MPE engine. MPE means multi porpose engine. Perhaps in US is used on snowmobile too. SwissMotorEngineering from the engine core made an aviation (but also hovercraft) engine high power and low fuel consumption. About PRSU, they are SwissMotorEngineering made. Perhps You are right about 77HP, but for 750TC 138 HP I never found a similar engine on the market yet

SwissMotorEnginnering-immagine-002.jpgSwissMotorEnginnering-immagine-001.jpg
    Detego likes this.

Detego, You can buy the core engine in US, and then ask for AVIATION KIT to SwissMotorEngineering. That means PRSU, ECU and all required. It is easy . www.sweissmotorengineering.net

Quote Originally Posted by lmavio View Post

You can buy the core engine in US, and then ask for AVIATION KIT to SwissMotorEngineering.
    That means PRSU, ECU and all required. It is easy . www.sweissmotorengineering.net

My interest in the engine was to be used as a Genset; with the possibility of converting it to Diesel.

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast