• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Divided fuselages?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac790

I know there are some examples of the divided fuselages even in homebuilt sector, on the top of my head there are at least 3 examples, Rutan Quickie, Falco, Nemesis NXT, pic1,2,3. But in all those cases both halves were made out of same materials, wood for Falco, and composites for Quickie and NXT.

What about two halves made out of different materials (method)? I know that GeSchwarz is going to make something similar, I know that during WWII Russian Mig 3 had both halves made out of different materials, wooden tail cone and tube frame front section pic4,5,6. Also Germans due to the lack of aluminum, were using wooden tail section in late Bf109 G6 versions and G10.

Does anyone know more examples, I specially looking for planes with aluminum tail cone and tube frame front section.

Seb

Attachments

• DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 346
  • riduci_400.jpeg
    riduci_400.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 356
  • mig-3_13.jpg
    mig-3_13.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 985
  • mig-3_14.jpg