• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Infusion resin type

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzhills

Hi
Have been looking through previous posts but haven't read what I need yet so apologies if this has already been asked. Anyway, I am looking to get a 3D milling machine to produce female moulds for my aircraft from sheets of MDF. Very wary of getting close to 100 deg cel and water boiling so want the final elevated temp cure at 80 deg cel. (will spend time getting moisture out of the MDF moulds before I seal them). Quandry happens now. If I have an 80 deg cel cure can I get acceptable properties out of a prepreg, are there 80 deg cel / 175 deg fahr resin systems out there? I like the idea of infusion coz then I can do all my layup and it doesn't matter how long it takes to get it right, but are there any resin systems that are infusion capable and that the FAA like? (This is an area I'll need to do a few test runs coz I've only vacuum bagged wet layups.)
Regards
Mark

Back