• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

composite PIK 26

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flymiso

Hello, i need a experienced opinion. I was thinking is it posible to build a small plane like pik26 or sd1 completly out of composite, on the next way:
First cut a hole fuselage from big block of foam. then make two halves molds. Then layup fiberglass in molds and make tho halves of fuselage, bond it together, and reinforce the inner structure with sandwich panels... type fiberglass-foam-fiberglass. Is it a good idea? Although it is not my idea, i just watched how is fiberglass plane made on youtube... diamond aircraft. I was also in the factory tour. It is interesting. I wanted to hear has anyone done any plane this way by him self??

Back