+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finishing a composite airplane

Finishing a composite airplane

I wrote a page on finishing a composite airplane, Some people facing the task might find it helpful

http://curedcomposites.netfirms.com/finish.html
    Last edited by George Sychrovsky; February 27th, 2003 at 10:43 PM.

Excellent article George. I'm going to apply for some extra college credits from my college now . Thanks for all of the time and effort it took to get all that info down so the rest of us could have it.

Jake

Excellent writeup, George! Thanks for posting it.
    Blue sky
    Jerry

Hmmm. Excellent article, but maybe we're starting a bad trend here. I just replied to George's identical post over in the Canard Community at http://cozyaircraft.com/forum/showth...=&threadid=259 adding a few additional pointers. Marc Zeitlin also responded, expressing mild concern about one aspect of the article. The information is relevant to any composite finishing, not just canards.

How do you want to handle this kind of thing, Jake? I deliberately didnt repeat my response here. My preference would be for stuff to be posted once, wherever the poster feels it's most appropriate, then have a pointer to the information in other places.
    Last edited by John Slade; February 28th, 2003 at 10:24 AM.
    Flying Cozy IV Turbo Rotary

Actually John, I have to say I don't agree with all of what you are saying (but I still like you ). George is just sharing his hard work and his opinion of how, in his experience, to get the best finish on a composite surface. I personally am grateful that he posted it. There are a lot of people that are on HBA that arenít on the Canard Community that could benefit from this info as well. It wasnít like he was asking us if it is correct or if we agree. He was just making it available to us.

I do appreciate you posting a link to the thread on your forum because it gives everyone else here a chance to read some other comments on the subject.

In principle, I would rather not see people trying to hold the same conversation across multiple mediums. But, I'm not really in a position to tell people how they should post unless it is somehow causing problems here on HBA. Can you think of a way to better handle this issue? I really value the cooperation our forums have had and I would like to see that continue. If you do have some ideas about ways we can keep overlap from taking place I am interested in hearing about it. If you do, letís take it to the feedback area so we don't clutter up Georges post.

Jake

+ Reply to Thread