• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mooney (MX-18) Mite Plans....worth??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger

Tooele Utah It's 40 klicks south and west of SLC
Recently acquired these plans from a friend in New Zealand. He's had them since 1970. They appear to be completely complete, with construction manual, (THICK!), an array of Mite brocheures and literature, and 3 "tubes" of prints, two of which havent even been opened yet. The ink on the prints that HAVE been opened is still blue, and as legible as the day they were printed.

After reading through the manual, and looking at a few of those prints, it suddenly became very aware to me that undertaking such a project as this would be at least a 2000 to 3000 hour build, if not more. I'm not so sure I'm up to it....not that long! Too old frankly.....I'd never get it completed, unless I had funds and dedicated time to it.

Does anyone happen to know if these plans are worth anything? I paid shipping for them, from New Zealand to here, and gave the guy 100 New Zealand dollars. (79 US Dollars or there abouts). Shipping was $!25.00 US. I was thinking maybe of keeping them for "bragging rights", and/or getting one of my sons into building. So far, race cars are the boys' passion, but they'll come around!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any more such "complete" sets. I've heard that most Mite builders can only come up with used plans, pieces and parts at best.

Curious,

John

Back