• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

STOL 801

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Edwards

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I'd like to say thanks for the forum.

I am in training as we speak for my private pilots license and my goal is to have a plane I can take off and land and keep on my property as it is at least a forty five minute drive to the closest airport. I know I just wont fly as much if I have to drive that far. So I am trying to balance what I've said and still be comfortable flying around to the beach (three hundred to seven hundred miles) depending on the beach or location. I wanted to ask if there is anyone located close to northwest North Carolina who would be willing to look at my location and see if an 801 would be able to land and take off comfortably on my property? I am just not comfortable making that decision on my own yet. Maybe just a phone call would answer this for me? if anyone is willing to help just pm me. I appreciate any help or advise any of you can give. Thank you very much.

Back