Why Donate?

Why Does HBA Need Your Support? (updated 1 June 15)

By all accounts, HBA has become a tremendous resource to the homebuilt aircraft community. I attribute this to the thousands of members who have shared their knowledge and experience over the years. Itís the members who make HBA special, not the venue itself.

However, there is more to the story than just that. Behind the scenes, the resources needed to keep HBA available and healthy have been substantial. The financial cost has been somewhere between $20,000 and $25,000. The cost in time spent maintaining the website has been in the many thousands of hours. Please donít think Iím complaining though. I have gained a lot of friends and knowledge over the years. I just mention it to point out how committed my family and I are to seeing HBA succeed.

After years of carrying the financial costs ourselves, we made a family decision to form a company and begin to allow members to help support the website financially. It was a tough decision and not one we made lightly. But rising server costs, hiring professional coders, software and hardware updates, and other expenses related to HBA were making it increasingly difficult to maintain things as they were.

By contributing to HBA you will help to keep a valuable resource growing and improving for years to come. You will also be helping to relieve the financial burden of operating HBA from my family budget. Additionally, financial support could possibly provide the resources to hire a professional coder from time to time. This will not only make HBA a better more stable website but will also help to give us back some valuable family time. In a military family like ours, time is a very precious commodity.

I want to stress that donations are not mandatory and there won't be any special treatment for those who make a donation. I just ask you to consider what HBA is worth to you as a resource and make your decision based on that. If itís a website you frequent and you have learned something of value here, then financial support could be a good way to show your appreciation.

How to give.

1.  If you wish to make a single donation you can do so using the checkout system below. Once you checkout you will be given the option to use either a credit card or sign into your paypal account to complete the transaction.

2.  You can also choose to make a recurring donation if you wish. This option requires a PayPal account to complete. If you don't have an account, it's a fairly quick and straight forward process to sign up.

3.  If neither of those option appeal to you but you still wish to help out, you can send a check or money order payable to  The HBA Project, LLC to the following address:

The HBA Project, LLC
  PO Box 101
  Kapowsin, WA 98344

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Belle or I at HBAhelp@gmail.com. We would be happy to answer your questions or hear your suggestions on how HBA can be made to be a better community. Thank you for your support.

- Jake and Belle Crause, HBA Administrators

Please note:  By popular demand I have added the ability to donate anonymously.  I prefer you get the credit that you deserve for your support of HBA. However, if you choose to be anonymous, I'll leave your username off the yearly list of supporters. If you are not signed in your HBA account when you checkout, your donation will automatically be treated as anonymous.

Checkout Donation Details

Please select through all options below...
Donation Goal 
Payment 
Recurring Donation 

Anonymous Donation 
Payment Method 

To submit Click On The Checkout Method Image Above

PayPalVisaMastercardAmerican ExpressDiscover
Accepted Payment Types