• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Efficient VTOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeanMixture

I was thinking about a new efficient VTOL that relies on a cross flow rotor along a wing. There have been similar concepts used on STOL and high lift designs like the ‘FANWING’ FanWing but instead of using it in a normal fixed wing configuration I thinking about two wing sections facing each other at the leading edge and the rotor is driven by compressed air not direct drive. The air could be supplied through slats in the inner side of the leading edge part like an air knife to multiply the air output. Maybe it could work just like the gyro depends on the air flow generated from its propeller to rotate the main blades.
Let me know what you guys think I mean even the whole thing wouldn’t get out of the ground effect but could carry a useable payload I still think it would be pretty cool if it worked.

Attachments

• VTOL.jpg
    VTOL.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2,421
Back