• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Single Seat Twin Concept (dual direct drive)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Supporting Member
Gear detail.jpgTwin Concept transparent detail.jpgTwin Concept  front side on gear.jpg

Been doing some looking at this concept in the past few weeks. packaging and arrangement of all the appropriate bits is tough in these small clean designs. This is actually getting to the point that I'm reasonably happy with it. The main gear doors are really just place holders but work in the model. The Nacelle looks like it can fit 650-750cc engines direct drive and up to 48" props. Been looking at a bunch of engine choices and bearing/prop flange ideas and there is a lot of off the shelf stuff out there. There is enough work here to figure out that this could really work well and it is also a good candidate for wing extensions like a competition glider. This would provide more aspect ratio and area to carry more fuel for a long range flight.

Anyway, stuck between consulting projects right now and trying to learn some new stuff in Solidworks so I thought I would share.

Back