• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuel Tanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

Just a quick question about fuel tanks.
What material should I consider for their construction?
The only one I really don't want to use is aluminium, as it is vulnerable to some fuels.
I have seen then made from brass (and most of the R/C tanks I used were brass as well), and it is how I have drawn them, but I just wanted to run it by a few of the more knowlegable.
These are 6 tanks, 3 each side spaced between the ribs along the leading edge to give minimum shift of the CG as they drain, connected thru the ribs with drain and balance tubes.
This gives me a total fuel load of 265L(70gal) or 155kg(341lbs).
Tank position.jpg

edit: fix image and add imperial conversion:D

Attachments

• fuel tanks.jpg
    fuel tanks.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:
Back