• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Foot Launched Aerobatic Concept

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyrod

Hello,

I have been kicking around an idea I've had for a foot launched aerobatic glider. Tube and fabric with a glass/carbon nose and 3 axis control.

One thing that I was considering was the ability to upgrade to powered flight and gear (fixed or retract). Kinda of a plane that grew with the pilot. Similar to the Easy Riser.

I am not much of a aircraft designer, so no data has been generated to support the design...Just an Idea. (but I have scratch built a couple of RC planes that actually few, enough power and you could make a brick fly I guess). So I'll try to keep up, and any advice is appreciated.

Any ideas on the design?

The bottom of the aircraft is open, similar to the SB-13 and could include a soft BRS.

Wil

wareagle.jpg

Back