• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Scale Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeliDev

Im working on a design for a two place chopper and want to start with a scale model. I havent built a full size aircraft before and want to get an idea of how it would handle.
My question is what scale would you recomend to start with. I am reasonably familiar with the work of mister renolds and how difficullt he can make things, so I want the model to be at least partially represetative of the aircrafts characteristics.
I have some ideas that I think would work quite well, but I dont want to be deluded by the scale effect.
One more question is anyone familiar with the company "Aircraft Designs Inc". They have some books which appear to be very good, but they dont respond to my emails, and calling the US is expensive.
Thanx

Back