• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

TeenieToo to Windwagon to H-Bird to Aerobat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looseround

I was fortunate to have actually met Calvin Parker some years ago. I was very tempted to build a Teenie, but money, time, and lack of space killed that idea. On down the road I found out about Gary Watson and his "metalized" version of the Teenie, the Windwagon. Once again I almost took the plunge, but did'nt. I recently found that Mr. Watson had passed away.
He was a very amiable person and a gentleman. A true homebuilder.

I got involved in ultralights and had 3 of them, but good sense prevailed and I got away from those. I discovered that I really preferred an air machine with a bit more "substance". Next was a Murphy Renegade bipe. I still have it and love it even though it's an open cockpit.

What this all leads up to is this. I just bought plans for a Hummelbird. My next project for certain. I've followed the progression over the years from the Teenie to the Windwagon to the H-Bird and now the Aerobat.
Is the Aerobat a "better" design over the H-Bird, or another edition of the same thing? I've compared dimensions, powerplants and specifications, and they're virtually identical. What are the differences, if there is any?
I would certainly appreciate any input from anyone with a better "insight" into these 2 designs.
looseround

Back