• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Holy Cow! Giant Model Airplanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek1945

Example of what size my models in the 50-60's look like, and this was an average large model follow by the 21 century models:
mDaUVrm2IacugRypilXSKtQ.jpg

Duh, I thought a model airplane was usually sized to fit in a car and that went for gliders too. Since I don't have access to a wind tunnel, I plan on constructing a miniature of my motorglider to evaluate before scaling up to full size. Searching for model airplane sites I saw models which seem big enough to ride on! Now really this is no joke as seen below, rubbing my eyes in disbelief those are real jet engines all 8 of them. Putting all those things are bigger in Texas aside, the FAA better be more concerned about these model V1 buzz bombs than some ultralight at least there is no servo failures or signal loss!
scale-rc-airplanes12.jpg

Model-Aircraft-C-17-Globemaster-III-05LG.jpg
a380model.jpg
model-b-50-bomber.jpg

What 254lb weight limit, it's a model airplane!!
Sea-Plane.png

Model sailplane tug
5.JPG

1114384145_9727e8ca19_b.jpg

Large Scale Glider (Ventus 2cx) This giant belongs to Mr. Mike May. I'll put some specs here as soon as somebody familiar with the model sends me some. This is probably 6 or 7 meters span. I also know that is hand made by himself. He is apparently busy with an 8 meter span glider.

The owner and pilot (mikegbogh) was kind enough to inform me of the following specs for this magnificent machine:

SPECIFICATIONS.
This aircraft is scratch built using epoxy/glass with carbon fibre re-inforcing.
The wingspan is 6 mtrs
The airfoil section is a hybrid MH32 root transitioning to SD7037 mid wing and finishing again with MH32 on the tips which have 2 degrees of washout.
The all up flying weight is 9.00kg
The wing area is +- 120 dm sq
The wing joiner is a 19mm carbon rod (made of 75x 60k tows)
The epoxy was supplied by A.M.T. and is all LR 20 and various harderners.
The wings are vacumn bagged blue foam.
The servos are 11kg digitals with metal gears .
Hinges are silicon
and remember GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Back