• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

ultralight design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrimphead

I'm trying to design my "hopefully it'll get off of the ground" airplane. It should have an empty weight of about 125-175 lbs. max. What's just about the smallest engine i could reasonably use and take off in a pretty short distance. This plane is not going to be used for much except for flying for fun, so i don't need great performance, also what is the simplest and cheapest form of wing construction?
Thanks

Back