• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

design help with fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slociviccoupe

Been working on this for a while and can't seem to figure it out.
Objective is to end up with a 2 seat side by side fuselage similar to a velocity with the gull wing doors and what would be second row of seating would be for luggage.
Now im trying to figure out how you can take a 2d drawing top,side and forward views and be able to draw formers that you would be able to make a form to atatch my foam to to build the fuselage. Much like the turtle deck is made on most composite built aircraft. But build the entire fuselage this way.

Id rather build a female form out of wood, lay my foam in, glass the inside, add bulkheads, remove from form then glass outside. rather do this then build a plug, make a mold, then make the part. Just can't figure out how to turn the multi view drawings into 2 dimensional ulkheads or whatever you want to call them so i can make a form. needing help on that.

Back