• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How common/good are uniflow scavenged 2 strokes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumanPoweredDesigner

Uniflow and Loop Scavenging

Funny how I thought of this idea myself and was planning on patenting it, only to do some searching and discover it was already thought of a long time ago.

I thought it would be much better for scavenging since the gasses all go the same direction and thus are less likely to mix and more likely to get out faster.

Anyone know how common this type of two stroke is, and how it compares to other types? From looking at wikipedia, it does not seem that common. It is mostly used in diesles. Of course this type of scavenging works best in tall thin cyclinders, which diesles are. Just now sure why other engines would not be shapped similarly.

Back