+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki 440

Kawasaki 440

Could someone tell me the difference between the 440A and the 440C. I currently own a TA440C-B201. I am finding it difficult to get info from the web. From what I can tell it may have a bit more HP but is there anything else I should know?

Thanks,
    Keith

bump. No Kawasaki experts out there.

Thanks,

440 B and C have longer port timing, like to rev higher than the early Type A. The Type A with a single carb and a muffler work the best for UL use, IMHO. They all will work, but the revs should be about 6600 or more, on climb with the B or C engines and near 65 or less with a A
    YMMV. Mike Ogren , FL.

Re: Kawasaki 440

Thanks,

I now have some power curves for the subject engine. It appears that from 5000-7000 rmps you get about 30-48 HP and 38-40 ft-lbs of torque respectively. Just from these curves it seems like it should work pretty well. I also understand that the C version is a little more robust running at the higher RPM's. Looks like I could potentially cruise at 6000 rpms while producing ~40 hp and 40ft-lbs of torque which I believe outperforms the 440A. Thanks again for you reply and help.

Keith

Fuel burn at 6k will be about 4 per hr.
    Fuel burn at 5k will be about 2.5 or 3 per hr.

Hello! i own a kawasaki ta440b engine (in the block of the engine say that), but the cylinders say 440a!

so i really dont know what model it is, neither i could find the owners manual, repair manual, hp curves, etc.
    im from argentina and it really dificult to find any information here. i found in a kawasaki snowmobile forum some manual, but it is not for this specific model!
    i would be very greatfull, if anyone can give me some information, curves manuals etc. here in the forum, or tu my email, (gastonaero@gmail.com)
    thanks for your time

Gaston

I imagine it's not possible to put dual spark plugs in these engines because they are water cooled?

Hello, im from argentina.
    i have a question!, i have a ta440b. in an flighstar mono. but i can put more than 5700 rpm out of the engine. with a 58x27 wooden propeller. i have it with a single carb. an i need some more power out of the engine for the take off.

maybe with a secnd carb, do you think it will give 6500 rpm? with than i can have 4 or 6 more hp!

thanx for your time i hope someone could help me.!

gaston

nice......

Did you tell us the reduction ratio? I can't seem to find it, and without that, telling us the propeller size is useless. I don't know anything about the engine, though.

I have a Kawasaki 440c engine on my PPC. I would like to know what type of oil goes in the gearbox in the front of the engine block. It is located behind of the reduction drive and is a part of the engine. I was told to use 2-cycle oil but it has a lot of blow-by oil comming out of the pulse line that goes to the fuel pump.

banzai_lost,

You should be using a premium grade 10W30 motor oil in the engine gear case. Also check to make sure that the vent hole just above the sight glass is open. The oil level should be in the middle of the sight glass. The engine should level with the cylinders straight up for the sight glass to work correctly.

I am a nube to this form but have been around Kawasaki and Rotax engines for the last 11 years.

I am assuming that the engine your are talking about is water cooled.

I have a shop manual for the SS340-A1 and SS440-A1 engines.

The fuel pump pulse port will spit some oil and gas into the pulse line. The pulse line going to the pump should go up from the port, otherwise the line will fill with oil and the pump will not work. With the line going up, it allows the oil to drain back into the engine.

Richard

Starman,

Kawasaki did make a twin cylinder four plug engine. I believe it was their race engine and I think this photo is of a 440CC engine.

I have attached a photo of the four plug engine (I hope)

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kawasaki 440-twin-plug-kaw.jpg  

anyone have info on converting a 440 jetski engine??

Kieth,

In regards to your performance curves... It makes a HUGE difference what kind of exhaust system you use. The Chaparell exhaust might get you that much power. Most any other exhaust will have much less power, torque, and efficiency.

It also makes a big difference how you tune it. You'll only get that much power if you tune the carb/s for peak power, which is pretty lean (spark plugs staying creamy white). The richer you run it, the less power you'll get. If you run it "Rotax rich", you'll get much less power.

In my experience... if you run it lean enough to get peak power, oil tends to scorch on the piston rings, clogging in the ring grooves, until the rings are no longer free.

Any altitude or density altitude will also decrease performance significantly.

The Kaws have a CDI with electronic spark advance that yields a nice smooth idle. But it doesn't make enough voltage to spark a big gap, particularly with the plugs burning brown. The snowmobile manual recommends a very small gap.

I've finally settled on burning my plugs tan, as a compromise between stuck rings and decent power. It takes careful tuning to get the EGT just right at all throttle settings. Vibration tends to flood the carb at low RPMs, complicating the issue.
    Mark E. Stull
    mstull@wtxs.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast