• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Old Rotax 447 no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhav8r

Hello, I recently acquired an old challenger aircraft and am in the process of restoring it. I am currently on the engine and had to remove all those darned mud wasps mess in every hole and clean everything and install new fuel and primer lines as the old ones had literally deteriorated and fallen off. The carb has been cleaned and now the only issue I seem to have now is there isn't any spark. I removed the plugs and grounded them and tried spinning the prop as well as giving the pull start as hard of a yank as I could while someone checked for spark and nothing. So far I have been able to determine the triggers both work. I highly doubt both condensers are bad I'm hoping it's not the points as I hate having to pull those darn wheels off the shaft. I also read that these systems require 250-300rpm before It sparks. I'm a big guy so I figure if I can't get it to turn fast enough to spark then it has to be an issue elsewhere. Is there any common simple to resolve issues that can result in no spark I can try before I tear into the stator and all that?

Back