• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BRP XPS 2-stroke oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmatt

I'm running a 1987 Bosch ignition Rotax 503 and am looking for the best 2-stroke oil for best lubrication and low carbon build up.

BRP (maker of Rotax engines) has their own line of 2-stroke oil; XPS

Does anyone have any experience with this oil? They make both a mineral and synthetic version. From what I've read so far, the mineral oil will provide better lubrication and corrosion protection while the synthetic will cause less carbon build up.

I'm currently using Castrol 2T (Super 2) but I recently read that this is a fairly dirty oil to run and if this is true, I want to change to something a bit cleaner.

Any help or other suggestions is appreciated.

Back