• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need Help with my Kawasaki 440A2 with 2.667 re-drive and 59" 3-blade ultra-prop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wharvick2

Hi guys.
I'm really going crazy trying to figure this thing out.
Here are the facts:

At full power I can get 8200rpm on the tac.
This seems very high. Should only be getting 6500 for this engine.

Prop has 14 degree pitch blocks. They are supposed to be about right for this engine and reduction ratio.

Is it possible that the belts are slipping?

Have not figured out where to increase belt tension. I have no instructions for the re-drive and don't know where to find them or even what it is for that matter. I will post a pic in case anyone recognizes it and knows how to tension it.

What do slipping belts sound like?

There is a real peaky Power curve or what sounds like one. Mid range to three quarters sounds about right then all of a sudden RPM's just jump off chart. Cht and EGT look about right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 110
Back