• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Possibility of a sticky in this forum listing all current vendors for Part 103 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westcliffe01

Supporting Member
Guys, I have been out of things aviation related for several years and it seems that everything aviation related has shrunk and many companies either gone out of business since the financial crisis or have discontinued product due to low sales and liability concerns.

If one does a google search for airplane engines, the lists are long and one then finds that most of thew links are dead. I am thinking specifically Part 103, not GA.

So, would it be possible to make a sticky thread which lists all active/current suppliers of engines ?

It looks like Hirth is still in business

Rotax now seems to only sell the 582 (one and only 2 stroke option)

Simonini is still there but seems quite expensive ?

Compact Radial Engined from BC still has a website up but does not seem to have been updsted in years ?

Anyone I am missing ?

Back