• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Engines Choices Now There Are 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek1945

I found the mother load of PWC engines, so now I have 3 candidates Suzuki 640cc/64BHP, Rotax 782cc/110BHP, and Rotax 951/130BHP. See I'm a quick learner one Tigershark PWC was all it took, still even that lesson was still profitable. Yes it's the giant of BRP/Rotax who won the PWC survival race while Kawasaki and Yamaha hang on by a thread, those who losted and tossed in the towel and quit are Honda, Polaris, Arctic Cat-Tigershark. Yep, just one newbie lesson don't pick fights with dozer's they'll squash you!

Every group of commercial pilots I toured through ZFW all voted for more power = better and surprisingly all these engines a 2 bangers. I could have had a Fuji 782cc/90BHP but, it was a 3 banger and was on the heavy side and forking over 3 x $30 just for new rings, so full parts for a top end rebuild are $300-400 which doesn't cover machine shop services. Since most of these engines are aluminum those steel cranks must be the majority of the engine weight.

I still wonder; a 3 cylinder 2 stroke = a inline 6 supposedly a very smooth running engine without balance shafts or other addon's to compensate for unequal firing orders.

Back