• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

fuel questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M mcbride

technical question about 2 stroke fuel, I have asked numerous people what is the proper fuel to run in my rotax engines, where I live you my only options are 93 octane premium gas that has 5% ethanol or 90 octane non ethanol fuel, I have heard horror stories about running them both, i would really appreciate a correct reply, can I use the ethanol free 90 octane safely without harm to my engine, can i add octane boost at the proper ratio, can i mix 110 octane av gas with the ethanol free to make a 93 octane fuel or does the 93 octane prem gas with 5% ethanol be ok, I have asked this question before on this forum and never got a reply, please, I would love the correct answer.

Back