• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

2 Stroke Fuel Flow and pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caribeanbound

I live on a 44 foot sailboat near West Palm Beach
I am building up a power package for my new lightweight homebuilt. I am using a liquid cooled 440 Kawasaki. Has anyone had any experience with fuel pressure and flow sending units used with a standard Mikuni pump? I have a UMA A3030 pressure sending unit. Can I get a decent reading if it is attached to the spare untapped fuel supply output port? I am not sure of the the pulsing problem of vacuum type fuel pumps. I will be using an MGL Avionics duel range fuel flow sensor upstream of the Mikuni pump just after the fuel filter. I will be putting alarm points on each of these in the MGL Mini EFIS. I am using twin Mikuni 34 mm carbs. I was told not to put a secondary electric fuel pump in the system as it would cause problems. Any thoughts, experiences, or hints on this?engine fuel and gen photos 001.jpgengine fuel and gen photos 003.jpg

Back