• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

drop in replacement engine for the b1-rd u/l

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corvettercr

need some ideas on a drop in replacement engine on my b1 u/l.
i havea fresh cuyuna ul430 in her now however i would prefer something a bit more reliable. not so sure i need more power. 30 hp is plenty for my plane. i have the orig factory redrive with an aftermarket prop and hub. it is ground adj. nothing wrong with my cuyuna yet......like i said it has a fresh tbo about 15 to 20 hours on it. would like to have a backup engine sitting around. ive heard good things about the kawi engines. what is there weight rpm etc..........also have a herth 275r with 20 hours on it. i havent seen it yet but it will be here friday. was told it has 55 hp. is that too much for my b1?

Attachments

• 2011-05-28 20.17.05.jpg
    2011-05-28 20.17.05.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 587
Back