• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

cuyuna 430 30 hp on a b1rd u/l

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corvettercr

hi guys im new here and new to the u/l scene. anyways i just purched a robertson b1-rd with a fresh cuyuna 430 engine. the reason its a fresh engine is the prev owner was flying aroung 5500 ft when the rist pin bearings seized up. no biggie, he was high enough that he easly made it back to the airport. any ways it has around 20 hours sence break in and now i own the engine. i have maby an hour on it flying up and down the runway here in erick. no more than 5-6 feet high as im new to u/l flying. the engine has never gave me one ounce of problems and always starts on one to 2 pulls with no choke. i guess why im posting this is should i be worried with what happened 2 years ago or just fly the thing. he did do a complete rebuild. pistons rings all bearings gaskest carb plugs etc....

what is the hours i should tear it down and inspect everything and or rebuild. he was running amsoil sabre at 50:1 on pmp gas.

well for one i hate amsoil as they carbon up the engine and rings get stuck using amsoil. ask me how i know?????
well i have been flying 2 stroke 2 cind. radio ctl planes for 27 years and i used to use sabre oil at 50:1 to 60:1.
i tore down a desert aircraft 100L engine last year to find out all the carbon build up only after 10 gallons of gasoline. i switched to bel-ray 50:1 the last 2 years and all the carbon build up is gone. should i drain all the2011-05-28 20.16.39.jpg sabre fuel out as welll and switch to mc1 on my cuyuna also. i know nothing of this engine and would apreaciate any and all input. please tell me your stories guys. i need info!

also where is a good place to get parts for the engine. im in need of a carb boot for a 28 mm carb soon. thanks guys and happy flying!2011-05-28 20.16.55.jpg2011-05-28 20.16.47.jpg
pencil.png

Last edited:
Back